Sunday 30 April 2017

Gourmet Chorizo Sausage and Ground Beef Sliders

Watching Masterchef Junior has definitely got to be one of my happy places. I mean not only is Gordon Ramsay absolutely darling in it, the kids are just adorable. The are so incredibly talented and most of them are so sweet, kind and supportive of each other, there's none of that vindictive, cocky, spitefulness which I suppose gets amazing ratings with most other reality TV shows. It just gives me the warm fuzzies. On the episode I watched they were making burgers and the next thing I knew I am day dreaming about succulent, juicy, flavour so full it smacks you in the face burgers!

Sunday lunch is a complicated thing in our household. Because we only really get back at 1:30pm from church everyone is starving so whatever we eat really needs to be pre-prepared. 

Countdown do some amazing gourmet sausages in the butchery section. They have variants like Italian Pork, Chorizo, Beef and cheese and they go on special quite often. This week I believe they are on special for $4.50 for a pack of 6 which is such a bargain! I remember seeing this ages ago I think on Jamie Oliver 15 min meals where he removed sausages from their skin to make meatballs, and I thought it was genius! I really wanted to go with some latino flavours and have patties that packed a punch. 

I premade the patties the night before, shaped them and wrapped them in gladwrap so when I got home all I had to do was chuck them in the fry pan to sear off and into the oven to finish cooking. I served my patties on cheese slider rolls with onion jam and a thin slice of cheese with a coriander pesto dressed slaw on the side! It was pretty magical I'm not going to lie. This recipe does pack a bit of heat, so if your little ones aren't into spicy I would just not add the chili. 

Chorizo and Ground Beef Patties

500g mince beef
6 Gourmet Chorizo Sausages skins removed 
1 Chili 
1 egg
1 onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 T of brown sugar
1 capsicum
2 T of cumin
1 T smoked paprika
Salt and pepper 

1. Place your mince and sausage in a bowl 
2. In a food processor blitz chili, egg, onion, garlic, brown sugar and capsicum (really you can hand chop these but I mean why?) 
3. Add this to the meat mix with your cumin, smoked paprika and salt and pepper
4. Form into patties. I got 12 slider sized patties which were about the size of my palm 
5. Sear off in a pan to seal it so the juices don't come out
6. Put in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 12-15 mins till the juices run clear! 
7. Serve however you like with whatever you like! 


No comments:

Post a Comment