Tuesday 12 December 2017

Today you are One!

A letter to my son...




To my darling Jeremy, 

I cannot believe you are one today! It literally feels like yesterday I was giving you abundant cuddles and not letting the midwives put you in your own bassinet. Come to think of it, it was just yesterday that I let you sleep in my arms because I couldn't handle the thought that my squishy little baby is now a little boy. 





You are such a big mover. I still can't believe you rolled over at 9 days old! And once you got the hang of rolling you rolled everywhere and constantly ended up getting stuck under the coffee table. Now you are a champion crawler, one can always hear your thumping crawl before actually seeing you. Walking is not far off for you, but take your time my darling because once you get going there will be no stopping you. 





I love that you are a bundle of affection. Your big sloppy kisses are the highlight of my mornings especially when I can barely keep my eyes open from having stayed up all night with you.  I love how your first smile for me was when I told you that I loved you. I've so enjoyed seeing your little personality grow and develop. You love eye contact and seek it out just so you can smile at someone, anyone. I'm always finding you having chats with random people at the supermarket, which is the only type of shopping you like. You are my snuggle bug through and through, loving the front pack over the pram unless we are going on a big walk with lots of things for you to see






You currently have the attention span of a goldfish but I've noticed over the last few weeks touch and feel books have managed to steal your attention for more than a second. You are such a go-er my boy, make sure you remember to stop and enjoy the moment. 

You adore your sister and you are always yelling for her especially when she's at kindy. I love watching the two of you play and fight. You definitely give as good as you get son! We will have to warn Sbyra-Beth that it is not long before you are going to be bigger and stronger than her, but by then I'm sure you will just be smothering her with your hugs and no longer pulling her hair! 




My little boy through and through, you love being outside and exploring everything. You aren't an animal lover like your sister but you are intrigued by anything that makes a noise. You thump, thud, clash and bang on anything you can get your hands on. Your latest trick is clapping your hands/ And you are SOOOO loud, like all the time. I think you get that from me. You are passionate, determine, loving, exuberant, opinionated and all the qualities daddy and I are going to have such a wonderful time parenting as you approach your teenage years. 

My utter delight, the joy of my heart. It is a gift and honour to be your mummy

Love, 

Mummy 

Fresh 48 Photoshoot by Grace Jones Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment